Language barriers

It is no secret that a large portion of users of this project speech French. The problem is, most of the world doesn’t. If this is to take off, something needs to be done to address this.

The problem is, users come for content. And no content will be produced without users. It’s the classical catch 22 problem.

What can be done? Clearly the issue is about content. And right now it’s a self fulfilling prophesy, french users produce content in french. And that content only attracts french users.

The only answer I can give is “get better content”. And that’s so vague as to be useless.

Not necessarily true (example) furthermore, they (the French users) are quite aware of the fact that a few people don’t actually speak French, and often try to reach out: Check out my series of Linux Audio tuts, it’s all bona-fide airport English :slight_smile:

You got it :slight_smile:

Well, thank you @henke37 for pointing this out!

FYI, we (at Framasoft) have just produced some new content in english that might be the start of an answer.

We are about to do something to try to make PeerTube known out of the french-speaking world :wink:

About that, I’ve just moved this topic to the new english speaking PeerTube category of this forum :wink: .