Mobilizon Gmail SMTP configuration

Bonjour Mobilizon Community! (my french is pretty rusty so I’m going to use English, please pardon)

I’m trying to setup a Mobilizon instance using gmail as the email service via SMTP. This seemed like the simplest way to get going. I’m having issues doing tests on my dev env (laptop, using the docker launcher) testing the registration workflow. It seems like I have a misconfig around encryption keys or perhaps certs. Here’s the error I’m stuck on, which appears to be the bamboo http client failing on some unexpected response from gmail. I followed this tutorial to configure the gmail account.

I’m not that familiar with erlang debugging so if there’s some way to set verbose logging here that would dump the response that might help. Otherwise if anyone knows what I’m doing wrong that would also be great. I have the git repo on master for docker-mobilizon at 10fd37bc47a8b27866d7809168d0e66dab1158eb. My docker config (not same user and pass, but a generic example) and error are below as well. I’ve tried with both true and false for MOBILIZON_SMTP_SSL and it doesn’t seem to change the response.

Thanks in advance!

-Sean

runtime error when attempting to register new user at email confirmation send time:

23:39:12.708 [error] Task #PID<0.4126.0> started from #PID<0.4125.0> terminating
** (ArgumentError) raise/1 and reraise/2 expect a module name, string or exception as the first argument, got: {:network_failure, '74.125.195.109', {:error, {:tls_alert, {:unexpected_message, 'TLS client: In state hello at tls_record.erl:558 generated CLIENT ALERT: Fatal - Unexpected Message\n {unsupported_record_type,50}'}}}}
    (bamboo 2.2.0) lib/bamboo/strategies/task_supervisor_strategy.ex:25: anonymous fn/3 in Bamboo.TaskSupervisorStrategy.deliver_later/3
    (elixir 1.12.2) lib/task/supervised.ex:90: Task.Supervised.invoke_mfa/2
    (stdlib 3.15.2) proc_lib.erl:226: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Function: #Function<0.129554985/0 in Bamboo.TaskSupervisorStrategy.deliver_later/3>
    Args: []

my docker env.

# Database settings
POSTGRES_USER=mobilizon
POSTGRES_PASSWORD=changethis
POSTGRES_DB=mobilizon

# Instance configuration
MOBILIZON_INSTANCE_REGISTRATIONS_OPEN=true
MOBILIZON_INSTANCE_NAME=PDXEvents
MOBILIZON_INSTANCE_HOST=localhost
MOBILIZON_INSTANCE_PORT=4000

MOBILIZON_INSTANCE_SECRET_KEY_BASE=someexampestring