Move videos from webtorrent to HLS

Hello everyone
I have an instance of peertube active from several versions and when I started there was only the webtorrent format.
When HLS arrived I left webtorrent active for a while because I wasn’t sure if HSL was going to work well.
I then disabled WebTorrent finally.

Now but I come across 152GB of webtorrent videos that I would like to convert to HLS format.

Is there a tool that allows me to do this automatically?

regards
MAX

Hi.

Please, consult the documentation about transcoding jobs.

You can then remove unused Webtorrent files from the web interface.

There is a simplier way that the one suggested by @Booteille since v4 of Peertube.
Go to /admin/videos/list?search=hls:false isLocal:true, select all videos, and use the batch action button on top to launch «run HLS transcoding jobs». Repeat for each page, and just wait for the magic :slight_smile:

PS: you can display more than 10 videos at the time, there is a little select bellow the list:

Once the transcodings done, you have a batch action to delete webtorrents files (and corresponding filters to find videos with both formats).

3 « J'aime »

Awesome, I forgot we were able to transcode from web interface now. Thanks John!

Very useful indeed.

Just a quick question: it seemes I can launch a batch action to transcode to HLS but not to delete webtorrent files for multiple videos.

Deleting files options are only available for one video.

Do I miss something?

Did you wait for the transcodings of all videos to finish?

Indeed! The option became avalaible when the transcoding jobs finished. Thanks.