BackBlaze S3 storage troubleshooting [Unsupported value for canned acl]

I’m testing my new object storage configuration with BackBlaze B2. I uploaded a file and the front-end displayed the error Move to external storage failed, this video may not work properly. But the video does work properly. And I can see that the file was uploaded successfully on the BackBlaze dashboard.

The logged error from the BackBlaze API is InvalidArgument: Unsupported value for canned acl.

Research tells me it’s because B2 doesn’t support object-level ACLs.

If a bucket is private, the ACL that is returned for the bucket and any files within the bucket are “private.” If a bucket is public, the ACL that is returned for the bucket and any files within the bucket are “public-read.”

What are my options and what are the downsides of each? I’m also curious why PeerTube tried to upload it with private permissions even though in the UI I selected it to be public.

Please change your peertube configuration: PeerTube/config/production.yaml.example at develop · Chocobozzz/PeerTube · GitHub

I’m also curious why PeerTube tried to upload it with private permissions even though in the UI I selected it to be public.

The video is first published in « private » privacy.

1 « J'aime »

Ah jeez, it addresses this exact problem right there in the comments. Now I have egg on my face :woozy_face: I’m sorry for wasting your time. You’ve been supremely helpful as always, my feathery friend.

1 « J'aime »