Broken English on Website (fix provided)

On the main page for https://joinpeertube.org there is the following:

Written, directed, produced and animated by Mike Inel, Missing Halloween is a short animation about a boy meeting his best friend to celebrate Halloween, making trick-or-treat

The correct English would be this:

Written, directed, produced and animated by Mike Inel, Missing Halloween is a short animation about a boy meeting his best friend to celebrate Halloween and go trick-or-treating.

« Make trick-or-treat » makes no sense unless you are talking about the invention of trick-or-treating:

Written, directed, produced and animated by Mike Inel, Missing Halloween is a short animation about a boy meeting his best friend to celebrate Halloween and together they pioneer the first trick-or-treating.

Also, this forum is French-only, not just French-first, which is a problem. I can navigate somewhat because I remember some French, but at least for the forum directions, I recommend putting up titles for sections in both French and English.

I don’t even know if I am in the right section as it is. I am reporting an issue with web design, but it is to do with the copy (the text) and not graphical design.

Having the forum software convert dummy quotation marks to guillemets is also a thing, apparently, but no big deal. Just be aware of this if you set up an English version. Wishing you the best of luck with the project.

hi @JJC86 and thanks for reaching out!

Going international is very much an ongoing process as you noticed ; I assume you refer to this source: src/mixins/ContentSelectionsEN.js · master · Framasoft / PeerTube / joinpeertube · GitLab

If you have the knowledge to do so, could you edit it and make a merge request for it? :slightly_smiling_face:

It has less to do with design than with PeerTube, for which there is an eponym section. Also note that the forum was first created for a french, nontechnical (or just less used to software development forges) audience. With Framasoft going more and more international we created subforums for a similar but english-speaking audience. The weird mix of both in the forum reflects this history - thanks for the hints :wink:

Thank you for the link to the line of text.

I signed up but have to wait a few days.

Les comptes nouvellement créés ne seront actifs qu’une fois autorisés par notre équipe de modération (ce qui prendra entre 1 et 5 jours).