cannot fetch information from import for url ("stderr": "ERROR: [youtube] xxx: Get the best YouTube experience. Sign in to save videos, subscribe, and more",)

I recently upgraded to nodejs22,but it didn’t take long before I encountered the problem of not being able to upload youtube videos via url, so I tried rolling back the nodejs version but it didn’t solve the problem, the current version of peertube is 6.0.4

1 « J'aime »

Hi,

It’s not related to NodeJS but to the tool we use to import youtube videos: GitHub - yt-dlp/yt-dlp: A feature-rich command-line audio/video downloader

Maybe a temporary issue

1 « J'aime »

Yes thanks for the reply, I would like to try to upgrade the tool but I found out that he is built in peertube and I don’t seem to be able to upgrade him directly, is there another way to do it?

You can delete yt-dlp binary from storage/bin, PeerTube will automatically download the latest version (based on PeerTube/config/production.yaml.example at develop · Chocobozzz/PeerTube · GitHub)

Otherwise just wait a day, PeerTube automatically upgrades the binary

1 « J'aime »

I’ve upgraded yt-dlp as per the official command, but it seems that the problem is still not solved!

Then I suggest to open an issue on GitHub - yt-dlp/yt-dlp: A feature-rich command-line audio/video downloader

Is the video public? Is there any age restriction on the video? The log in your first message suggest that the tools get a youtube login page. Maybe the video needs to be logged-in to be watched?