Change Live Port in .env

Allo!

I’ve managed to get PeerTube up and running through Docker, it seems to be working fine for the most part. However, when I try to connect to a published live using OBS, OBS is unable to connect to the server, saying it’s not available in the log. To try and troubleshoot it I’d like to change the port that PeerTube uses for Live, but I can’t find any documentation on how to change that in the .env file that the Docker deployment uses. Does anyone know what the option for this is?

-Adn

1 « J'aime »

It seems to me that live is a plugin, are you talking about this one https://github.com/JohnXLivingston/peertube-plugin-livechat? I’m not sure if it adds an iptables rule to open a port in its administration interface.

However that’s not the question, but since it’s a plugin we shouldn’t have its config here, unless it’s definitively integrated by default in peertube. For the moment, I think it’s normal to find it here.

This is a personal opinion, but I could be wrong.

Hi,

It is in your docker-compose file:

peertube:
    # [...]

ports:
     - "1935:1935" # Comment if you don't want to use the live feature

You can change the first 1935 to any other port. For example, if you want the 12345:

ports:
     - "12345:1935" # Comment if you don't want to use the live feature

This syntax means: « expose on port 12345 the port 1935 from the service that runs in the container ».

Before trying to change the port, you should check if you have a firewall on the host, that is blocking this port.
You can for example try to open a connection using the « telnet » command: run from another computer the commande telnet your_peertube.tld 1935, and check if it can connect.
(if the connection is established, you can quit the commande using ctrl + ], then ctrl + d)

No, live is a Peertube feature, my plugin only adds the chat system :wink:

1 « J'aime »

Ahhh I see, thank you! I’m not super familiar with Docker just yet I didn’t understand this was communicating what port to use to PeerTube. Turns out the issue was that the port wasn’t properly opened :upside_down_face: I thought that I needed to open the port on the device that was hosting the reverse proxy instead of the device that was actually running PeerTube.
Thank you!

2 « J'aime »