I would like to start a discussion about navigation user on PeerTube to maybe re-organize-it.
My questions and remarks :
- First of all, in the left menu we have 4 links into
MY LIBRARY: Videos, Playlists, Subscriptions, History
All of them (but Subscriptions that displays subscriptions, not settings) display have a prefix
/my-account/* which is a little bit confusing, either all
MY LIBRARY links should have their own view (like subscriptions) or
MY LIBRARY should be renamed
MY ACCOUNT ? in the last case we would want to see
- The dropdown user menu is also confusing in some points.
- The Chevrons at the right of
Sensitive: displayare weird there, we wait for unfold another menu but these all are links;
More account settingsare exactly the same link, it’s a little bit redondant;
- We have a
Channel settingslink, why not Videos settings ? Subscriptions settings ? …
/my-account/*navigation organisation is confusing.
- My settings concerns general settings
- My notifications concerns the notification view
- My library > * concerns settings / managements of my library components
- Misc concerns moderation blocklist and Owernship changes
I’m thinking about a re-orgnaization :
Ownership changescould be placed in the left menu
My libraryand put all links to the left menu, their url could be replaced with
Channel settingslink from the dropdown user menu though it will be placed to the left-menu
More account settingsduplicated link from the dropdown user menu
- Delete chevrons on dropdown user menu’s links
What do you think about these remarks ?