Feature Bounty - Ultra High Speed Playback for Moderation

Hi, I don’t know if this is allowed, but I checked the rules and I can’t see any reason it isn’t.

Basically, I am looking for a plugin or feature integrated directly into peertube where moderators/admins can playback a video at low quality (lowest available resolution) but very high speed (~250x) for moderation purposes, to see if anything questionable was hidden mid video.

Ideally this would have the option to change the playback speed on a per user basis, since not everyone has as capable internet connections (or capable servers) as others.

I am willing to put down a bounty for this in Monero and if implemented under a plugin, it should be made public on npm for everyone to use, so please let me know if anyone is capable.

Thanks.

Hello,

While waiting for such plugin, you can add a playbackRate parameter in the video URL. For example: PeerTube Remote Transcoding demo - PeerTube Nightly

If I remember correctly, it was planned to add preview thumbnail on progress bar hovering/moving?

There is this closed PR https://github.com/Chocobozzz/PeerTube/pull/2315, but I’m pretty sure I saw that it was back on the roadmap.

I guess such a feature requires to generate jpg images from every seconds of the video.

When such a feature is available, maybe an access to these files can help?

Possibly, but that being able to see every single frame makes it much easier to confirm there’s nothing bad in the video.

Reading the video at 250x, you won’t be able to see every frame!