Synchronize wasn’t working for a couple of weeks, because Tiktok was blocking yt-dlp. Elestio have fixed this for me, and since then my channel has been successfully synchronizing again. However, I seem to be unable to grab the videos that were missed during the down period. When I use « Fully synchronize » the logs show that it finds a list of candidate URLs that includes the missing videos, and then
peertube-1 | [peertube.intrapology.com:443] 2026-10-01 20:36:23.031 info: Processing after video channel import in job 44d0bd2f-e3b0-43d4-8189-2eab53d6b20c.
peertube-1 | [peertube.intrapology.com:443] 2026-10-01 20:36:23.045 info: Finished synchronizing « zoyzone » successfully. {
peertube-1 | « successes »: 0
peertube-1 | }
The channel remains unchanged with no additional videos.
I tried upgrading to 8.3 and then running it again, but got the same behaviour.
Here’s what Elestio told me about the issue with Tiktok:
About two weeks ago TikTok strengthened its anti-bot measures, and yt-dlp now requires a browser-« impersonation » component (a library called curl_cffi) to fetch TikTok content. The PeerTube container doesn’t include that component, so every TikTok sync was failing with « Unexpected response from webpage request. »
We’ve installed the missing component on your instance in a way that persists across updates, and verified that TikTok fetching works again. Your synchronization will resume automatically and catch up on the videos from the past two weeks.
Can you provide a tiktok import URL example so I can test?
I think the problem is different to what I thought. I’ve just discovered that all the videos from the two weeks of downtime are listed at /my-library/video-imports, but they are not listed on my channel page. So they’ve definitely imported, but they’re not showing where I expect to see them.
Example source video: TikTok - Make Your Day
This has successfully imported here: Day 5 of creating my own image library. Today: Become a Great Artist ... - IntraTube
It would seem that the problem is not with the synchronization, but something to do with how the channel page populates