Help with the Docker Install

I love the certbot functionality but have been rate limited. :frowning:

I created self signed certs for testing but am unclear on where to put them and how to get the nginx web server to use them. For these purpses can I just disable certbot in the yml file?

I probably need to read more on Docker as well LOL as I thought there was a way to expose the container file systems to the host without all the cli acrobatics.

Cheers!

-Chris

Yes, that’s not a problem, there are a lot of tools that will help you to set up a SSL/TLS proxy. For example:

An even easier one is the nginx-proxy-manager:

This even has a web interface to set the certificates for the individual domains / containers and everything with automatic certificate renewal.

The only thing you have to do is to take the docker-compose.yml from Peertube GitHub and delete the webserver and certbot part and add one of the two proxy accounters mentioned above and follow the installation. But it is not difficult and if you have any questions, just ask.

Thanks a ton Jakob. I realized my mistake in not using the Letencryot staging service. I am sure there is a way to enable that in Certbot.

Also there are performance issues with using NAT or proxy for streaming applications. Jitsi, Peertube, etc. What I am going to do is attempt to setup Peertube with docker host networking on the VPS.

Thanks again for the help.

-Chris