How to add a missing location for a Mobilizon event

Hi all,
While adding a new event in Mobilizon.fr, it appeared that the location of my event was not in the list. So I headed up to OpenStreetMap to create it.
I did it a few weeks back now, and we can find it when searching for it in OpenStreetMap or Qwant Maps, but it’s still not available while searching in the event location textfield in Mobilizon.
What is the refresh interval for the points of interests in Mobilizon? Is there something else to do?

Thanks!

Hi,

Using an arbitrary position or set of coordinates is not possible yet indeed. You may follow this issue : Allow arbitrary locations / coordinates (#610) · Issues · Framasoft / Mobilizon · GitLab

We use our own Pelias geocoder service to provide the addresses. Refreshing the data is quite a heavy operation (even though we only have european data) so we don’t do it very often.

You may use other Mobilizon instances that may use OpenStreetMap instance Nominatim service (by default) and which should be more up-to-date.

Thanks for the answer, that explains why the new location is still not available in Mobilizon.fr.
Out of curiosity, why is this instance using Pelias and not Nominatim to provide those addresses? Is it because you wanted to have the service self-hosted, hence the need of the manual data refresh?

Is it because you wanted to have the service self-hosted, hence the need of the manual data refresh?

That’s right, we wanted to avoid abusing the service provided by the OpenStreetMap foundation that is available for all.
That also allows us to provide the autocomplete feature which is disallowed on nominatim.openstreetmap.org
In some cases, results may be better as well, as Pelias also uses data from other sources than OSM.

1 « J'aime »

Thanks for the clarifications! :slight_smile: