Is it possible to completely remove transcoding off the webserver?

I have remote runners setup and they are working according to the Runner Jobs page, but ffmpeg is still using 100% of all of my CPU cores on the main server which is causing issues with all other processes like updating video titles/descriptions. Is it possible to completely remove ffmpeg from the main server so those CPU intensive processes are handled by the remote runners only so the CPU can be used on the main server for serving content and other user tasks?

Thanks!

This is the current ffmpeg process that’s using 100% of all of my cores:

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i /var/www/peertube/storage/web-videos/private/c038bb9e-019e-413b-8859-4318e13f5085-2160.mp4 -y -filter_complex setpts=N/round(FRAME_RATE)/TB,select=‹ not(mod(t,17)) ›,scale=192:108,tile=layout=10x10 -frames:v 1 -q:v 2 /var/www/peertube/storage/storyboards/57f3aca8-bcf5-42b9-a0f9-16323bb5fd9b.jpg

ffmpeg is still needed on the server, for some tasks (storyboards generation, ffprobe to get some metadata, …).
As far as i know, ffmeg is used with a nice attribute, so even if it is using 100%, it should not impact performance of other tasks. Are you sure that your issues are related to ffmeg?
Can you check with the top command what is the nice value for the process that takes 100%?