Is there a way to change the logo on my instance?

I’d like to change the PeerTube logo on my instance to another logo image. Is that possible?

Hi. There is such a possibility in the Peer Tube configuration file. It is a pity that this is not written in the documentation.

# Overridable client files in client/dist/assets/images:
  # - logo.svg
  # - favicon.png
  # - default-playlist.jpg
  # - default-avatar-account.png
  # - default-avatar-video-channel.png
  # - and icons/*.png (PWA)
  # Could contain for example assets/images/favicon.png
  # If the file exists, peertube will serve it
  # If not, peertube will fallback to the default file
  client_overrides: '/var/www/peertube/storage/client-overrides/'

Documentation is also community driven, so feel free to open a MR to add a section on PeerTube documentation :slight_smile:

Hi, this client-overrides feature needs some clarifications in my point of view :slight_smile:

If I understand the comment in default.yaml, only the 5 specific images listed (and the PWA icons) can be replaced if I put an alternative version (with the exact same filename) in storage/client-overrides, right ?

# Overridable client files in client/dist/assets/images:  # - logo.svg  # - favicon.png  # - default-playlist.jpg  # - default-avatar-account.png  # - default-avatar-video-channel.png  # - and icons/*.png (PWA)  # Could contain for example assets/images/favicon.png  # If the file exists, peertube will serve it  # If not, peertube will fallback to the default file  client_overrides: 'storage/client-overrides/'

And to see the effect, I have to restart Peertube service, right again ?

Another related question : → EDITED

So where should I put an example.png icon if I want to add, for example, a button to the menu as in the capture below (in this example, I’ve uploaded my icon on an external service like imgur, but I would prefer to put it on the Peertube server).

→ EDIT : if it can help other, I’ve managed a workaround for this, putting the files in storage/thumbnails.
So the folder is exposed and I can embed my icon with the url https://mytube.fr/static/thumbnails/example.png

Thanks for your help.

1 « J'aime »