Peertube / daemon fail to start

Hello,
I’ve installed peertube on centos7, trying to start the peertube daemon, but I have an error :

Mar 29 16:22:08 Hostname peertube: « stack »: « SequelizeConnectionError: Ident authentication failed for user « peertube »\n at connection.connect.err (/var/www/peertube/versions/peertube-v2.1.1/node_modules/sequelize/lib/dialects/postgres/connection-manager.js:182:24)\n at Connection.connectingErrorHandler (/var/www/peertube/versions/peertube-v2.1.1/node_modules/pg/lib/client.js:194:14)\n at Connection.emit (events.js:198:13)\n at Socket. (/var/www/peertube/versions/peertube-v2.1.1/node_modules/pg/lib/connection.js:128:12)\n at Socket.emit (events.js:198:13)\n at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:288:12)\n at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:269:11)\n at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:224:10)\n at TCP.onStreamRead [as onread] (internal/stream_base_commons.js:94:17) »,
Mar 29 16:22:08 Hostname peertube: « message »: « Ident authentication failed for user « peertube » »,

I have set the same password for postgres user peertube than in the production.yaml file in /var/www/peertube/versions/peertube-v2.1.1/config/production.yaml but it fails.

Do you have any idea ?
Thank you

Olivier

Hello,

It should be /var/www/peertube/config/production.yaml. Please check the documentation: PeerTube documentation

I’m having the same problem on Ubuntu 16.04, and all I did was restart my server. I can login to postgresql from the terminal just fine using the login and password provided in the production.yaml file. Any solution to this? Everything used to work fine. Did something get messed up?

Well actually doing an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade seems to have broken it. I don’t know why. None of my passwords have changed.

postgresql-client-9.5:amd64 (9.5.19-0ubuntu0.16.04.1, 9.5.21-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)

authentication failed for user \"peertube\"\n    at Connection.parseE (/path/versions/peertube-v2.1.1/node_modules/pg/lib/connection.js:614:13)\n    at Connection.parseMessage (/path/versions/peertube-v2.1.1/node_modules/pg/lib/connection.js:413:19)\n    at Socket.<anonymous> (/path/versions/peertube-v2.1.1/node_modules/pg/lib/connection.js:129:22)\n    at Socket.emit (events.js:198:13)\n    at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:288:12)\n    at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:269:11)\n    at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:224:10)\n    at TCP.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:94:17)",
      "message": "password authentication failed for user \"peertube\"",

My SSL certificate had expired which was causing other issues. Evidently, if you login as the peertube user and run npm start manually, you have to EXPORT the NODE_ENV and NODE_CONFIG_DIR variables or it won’t look at the right config directory…

Peertube refused to start due to the SMTP server certificate being expired… I feel like that shouldn’t be a reason for it to refuse to startup.

Hi WarmUp what instructions did you follow… I can for the life of me, not get it going.

Sytem centos7 with whm/cpanel. I created a domain, tried to install peertube but I get error after error.

PeerTube (calculate-linux.org) is the one I followed, but no luck…

Pls help.