Peertube: Receive Payments from Chat in Livestream

Hi! Thanks for developing PeerTube.

Chat
What tools are there to integrate chat with the PeerTube? For example, lets say you are livestreaming. Your audience might want to interact with you through a chat mechanism. Is there something for that? What sort of integrations are there?

Payments
Your PeerTube audience might want to support your efforts financially. How could the audience make donations to your stream or your instance while you are not streaming? On a famous proprietary video platform, this usecase is handled with « superchats ».

Hi!

Both chat and payments are not parts of PeerTube core mechanics.

Though, you can add it to your instance through plugins.

You can find plugins from the admin interface, the npm registry or using this third party web tool: PeerTube Extension Finder

Currently, I think specifically about two plugins to cover your purposes: LiveChat and Web Monetization.

1 « J'aime »

When you edit a video or channel properties, there is a field «support» in «advanced settings»:

You can add here donation links. A button will be displayed underneath the video (or every channel’s video):

I’m the developer of the livechat plugin.
I plan to work on the plugin next month, and I have some ideas to allow bots and advanced interactions between the chat and streamers. I don’t personnally want to work on monetization systems, but I can help other developers to make it possible.

1 « J'aime »

What is the latest on the payments in livechat? Do you think it is ready for more widespread use yet?
Which payment systems are supported?
Is there a demo/video?

Hello,

I’ve been working on Bitcoin over lightning network payment to creators plug-in for a while now, recently started adding IRC connection as an alternative option for chatting. You can see the alpha test site and my basic how to videos here: Lightning Plug-in - P2PTube

There are several other projects out there using various other coins, The Hive coin developer seems the most active and feature rich Hive-Tube v7.13 Released | PeakD

1 « J'aime »

Hi, What is the latest on payments on PeerTube using the LiveChat plugin?

Which payment / tipping options are supported?

Hi. The livechat plugin now includes a bot, that can be used to send sponsorship related messages in the chat:

• you can create timers to send info at regular time interval
  • you can create commands so that viewers can request sponsoring info (for example by configuring a « !sponso » command)
1 « J'aime »