Peertube-runner and ffmpeg path

Hi Folks,

is anyone know how the peertube-runner ffmpeg path can be changed to a custom one? for now it uses /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg but should use /usr/local/ffmpeg-git/bin/ffmpeg. thanks for your help.

Hi,

Try to set FFMPEG_PATH= /usr/local/ffmpeg-git/bin/ffmpeg environment variable: Configurations | PeerTube documentation

thanks Choco for your answer. Is it ok if I set it for peertube user only since other services with other users (among root) use /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg?
thanks

I set FFMPEG_PATH to /usr/local/ffmpeg-git/bin/ffmpeg for peertube-runner but all transcoding (out of yt-dlp using already ffmpeg-git) failed, so I have to reboot the server and go back to the standard /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg… Any idea why it creates trouble with peertube-runner?

After some research I noticed that fluent-ffmpeg uses the default path and to modify it
it needs to add setFfmpegPath like

proc = new ffmpeg({ source: movieUrl, nolog: true, timeout: FFMPEG_TIMEOUT })
 proc.setFfmpegPath(ffmpegPath)

but I’m not sure where I can add this proc.setFfmpegPath() to fix my issue unless it needs a PR for that?

here is what ps ax shows about the process

/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i /home/PEERTUBE/.cache/peertube-runner-nodejs/ICN/transcoding/74f5109d-7f3f-44a5-b704-6504d6bb5efe -y -acodec libfdk_aac -vcodec libx264 -threads 16 -f mp4 -movflags faststart -max_muxing_queue_size 1024 -map_metadata -1 -pix_fmt yuv420p -q:a 5 -vf scale=w=-2:h=360 -preset veryfast -maxrate:v 726303.5 -bufsize:v 1452607 -b_strategy 1 -bf 16 -r 30 -g:v 60 -hls_time 4 -hls_list_size 0 -hls_playlist_type vod -hls_segment_filename /home/PEERTUBE/.cache/peertube-runner-nodejs/ICN/transcoding/3c94ad9f-3fd9-471d-83c3-231eca9a0d28-360-fragmented.mp4 -hls_segment_type fmp4 -f hls -hls_flags single_file /home/PEERTUBE/.cache/peertube-runner-nodejs/ICN/transcoding/3c94ad9f-3fd9-471d-83c3-231eca9a0d28-360.m3u8

if I knew where this process is done in your code so I wlll easily create a PR to add a setffmpegpath