Plugin Directory - Add yours here

Hello, I’m new here, been using PeerTube for a year or so, but recently have been getting heavily into ActivityPub and the fediverse.

I have a theory that decentralized software like PeerTube benefits a lot from the flexibility provided by plugins to meet diverse user and community needs. It’s been strange to find that of the apps I’m aware of, only PeerTube seems to supports plugins!

My question then, is there a directory of available plugins? I saw the official Framasoft ones and a few random posts here about different plugins, but think a directory would be helpful. If you need a maintainer or at least collector of the basic information needed to build such a directory, I’m happy to help. Maybe this thread can be a place for people to post their production-ready plugins.

-David

Plugins meant to be public can be published on npmjs.com, where they usually at least use the keywords « peertube » and « plugin » as they are set by default in the template. You can then search for them via keywords:peertube plugin - npm search

Then your help is welcome on Framasoft / PeerTube / plugin-index · GitLab

1 « J'aime »

Hi !

I was wondering the same thing, is there an community web site or something plugin directory ?

I will love to help to make the list/table with the ones already available. (I’m not a dev so cant really code hard stuff ^^)

The plugin index have not been updated in a year, is that normal ? In any case, do not hesitate !

This repository is the code for the «plugin package manager». It is normal that there is no code update.

This repository provide this API: plugin list API

Each Peertube instance can read this plugin list, and all available plugins will be listed on this page: https://your_peertube_instance.tld/admin/plugins/search?pluginType=1 (replace your_peertube_instance.tld by your instance url). To access this page, you must be logged in as an admin.

The directory is updated once or twice a day.

I don’t know if it can help but I developped PeerTube Extension Finder which lists available plugins.

1 « J'aime »

Exactement what I wanted ! It is awesome, thanks :slight_smile:

Awesome. Glad it helps!