Possible to use external storage and players?

Hello,

I’m looking for a solution for creating a self-hosted video server site « like » YouTube (not competing, obviously), and came across PeerTube.

Is it possible to make it work with an external video storage/playback system such as https://vadoo.tv/ ? And if not, which I suspect may be the case, would anyone be able to suggest any alternatives that could?

It’s basically all the front end side that I need (front and backend UI more to the point) rather than the transcoding and serving.

Thanks

1 « J'aime »

Sorry to bump this but I’d really appreciate a simple yes or no, as I need to move on with this project. Thank you!

I don’t know what is vadoo so sorry I can’t help you. PeerTube needs to manage files (ingest and transcode) so plugin an external directory in where files are uploaded/moved in is not supported.

Thanks for the reply.

It’s simply a video hosting service and I was just wondering if there was any way to take advantage of the features of PeerTube but using that (or any other external storage - aws, dropcloud, etc etc) to host the actual video files.

I suspected the answer was no, but worth asking. Thanks for helping!

thanks for the awesome information.

1 « J'aime »

IMO if you « just » need a player then there are other options than PeerTube. I imagine ways that you could make it work but why bother if you already handle the backend?

Yes thanks. I’m now using a wordpress theme VidoRev and a CDN.

Thanks

2 « J'aime »

[quote=« alexsunny123, post:5, topic:11886, full:true »]

thanks for the information.

I regret that the site owners were deprived of the opportunity to choose the download method. I want to upload 50% of my videos and 50% of videos from third-party resources. And I can’t use 2 platforms at the same time :worried:. It is desirable that one platform supports both download options :neutral_face: