S3 object storage cannot be used with reverse proxy

While looking at this article, I can’t use s3 object storage with a reverse proxy.
How can I set up a reverse proxy with nginx and use s3?

The article is below. PeerTubeでVultrのオブジェクトストレージ使う - Qiita

I set up object storage with a reverse proxy, but it doesn’t work.
What should I do now?

user@ubuntu:~$ sudo journalctl -u peertube -f
Aug 15 00:38:21 ubuntu peertube[1009]:     at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1091:32)
Aug 15 00:38:21 ubuntu peertube[1009]:     at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:938:12)
Aug 15 00:38:21 ubuntu peertube[1009]: Node.js v20.5.1
Aug 15 00:38:22 ubuntu systemd[1]: peertube.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 15 00:38:22 ubuntu systemd[1]: peertube.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Aug 15 00:38:22 ubuntu systemd[1]: peertube.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Aug 15 00:38:22 ubuntu systemd[1]: Stopped PeerTube daemon.
Aug 15 00:38:22 ubuntu systemd[1]: peertube.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Aug 15 00:38:22 ubuntu systemd[1]: peertube.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Aug 15 00:38:22 ubuntu systemd[1]: Failed to start PeerTube daemon.

I am not sure if the following link would help you.

https://www.linode.com/docs/guides/how-to-install-peertube/

I use the guide to install peertube on ubuntu.

Can you connect with Vultr’s object storage and upload video there?

It seems that « : » was missing in the endpoint.
Thanks.

I was able to upload the file, but It was « AccessDenied ».
What could be the cause?

Double-check that the path/uri is correct. You will need to check with your Object Storage to check what the url is.

If so, you should also make sure that your configuration file has public-read enabled.

upload_acl:
# Set this ACL on each uploaded object of public/unlisted videos
# Use null if your S3 provider does not support object ACL
public: ‹ public-read ›

I was able to play it when the hosting company allowed me to read s3.
Thank you.

which S3 object storage do you use? Can you share the config for the peertube? I haven’t been able to use object storage.

Do you use object storage for peertube too? May I ask you which one are you using? I sign up for wasabi. But my configure just won’t initiate the upload task.

I use Terrahost’s S3 for Peertube.
Before enabling SSL for the proxy settings, I commented out the Host:443 setting and then issued the certificate.
https://terrahost.com/