Telegram videos to PeerTube Import via URL directly server to server transfer

I need to know, what will be the easiest solution to get Telegram videos directly via « Import via URL » from the Telegram servers into PeerTube without needing to download them first to my local PC and then upload again to PeerTube ?
Could this somehow be done via Multcloud or do I need a special Telegram bot ?
Help would be much apreciated. Many thanks. Regards Stefan.

1 « J'aime »

Telegram is not among the supported websites of youtube-dl: https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/blob/master/docs/supportedsites.md so you need to download their videos first before uploading.

I don’t know about Multcloud - it seems to be just storage, so any direct public url from them will work.

Well I tested the whole night to accomplish this…
I used a Telegram bot called
HK TELEGRAM DRIVE BOT
which allows me to download the video files directly from the Telegram servers at around 2 MBytes/sec speed directly to Google Drive without going via my PC, so it is directly server to server…
From there I did only succeed with a Google Drive plugin to upload to youtube, but this method is downloading first to my PC and then upload again to Youtube and then I can use the Import from URL… but this again needs the Download and upload via my local PC and huge bandwidth wasting… so I don´t want this…

So I just see, that YT-DL plugin supports also dropbox… So I will see, if I can transfer the videos directly to Dropbox from Telegram and from there to Import via URL to the PeerTube instance…
By the way, I got the direct MP4 File link to a file on PCloud, e.g.
Like this:
https://p-lux3.pcloud.com/DLZWMvDZoijqlbZ9CkoZZHDlq37ZQ5ZZMV5ZZmVm0ZR5ZwkZDFZMLY2vkx0oib6y4HFeXQt3QNYjc6X/pCloud.mp4

which plays directly in the browser,
but this link can also not be imported into PeerTube via Import from URL…
At least not on Bittube.Video where I tried it…

So I am going to try now with dropbox again…

BitTubeFans Admin, [13.10.20 04:17]
I tested again to upload videos to bittube.video with « Import via URL » which is directly a Server to Server connection, so it goes very fast…
As there is in this moment only a telegram bot which works with Google Drive, but the Import only works from Dropbox, I still need first to copy the video files from Google Drive via the free multcloud.com platform to Dropbox.com and then copy the Share link of a video file from dropbox and this link is accepted and working in Bittube.video
So I can now move videos directly from my Telegram groups directly to my Bittube.video account without having to download them from Telegram and upload them again to Bittube… Saves a huge amount of bandwidth and time, if you are only on a slow mobile connection…Hope this helps.:+1:t2::sparkling_heart::raising_hand_man:t2:

BitTubeFans Admin, [13.10.20 04:22]
There had been bots for directly downloading from Telegram to dropbox, but they do no longer work anymore unfortunately…