Upgrade from 5.0.1 to 6.0.1 versus 5.0.1 to 5.1, 5.2, etc?

Hi,

I had some trouble from 4.x to 5.x iirc due to the database version change.

Due to that I didn’t upgrade recently so my instance Fabien Benetou's peertube instance is still on 5.0.1 but I want to upgrade again, ideally to be able to receive videos from Jitsi Meet and Jitsi Jibri for recordings of my meeting.

Anyway in order to avoid my past trouble I’m carefully reading https://github.com/Chocobozzz/PeerTube/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md#important-notes-1 which seems to introduce a lot of change for 6.0.0 which of course I’ll follow. Still my question is, as the title say, can I just jump through versions or should I do so gradually and thus do 4 or so upgrades?

PS: I’m using Docker

Reading the changelogs for 5.1 and 5.2, i think you can upgrade directly to 5.0.1 to 6.0.1. Just carefully apply all required changes.

If your Peertube does not restart, and does not log anything, it is usually caused by a missing configuration: so, just check again all required modifications to the production.yaml file.

(indeed: if the configuration file is not correct, Peertube does not know where to log, and which log level apply => so there is no log, it just prints the error on the error output)