Volunteer webmaster wanted

Volunteer webmaster wanted. The main thing to do is install and setup Peertube server. Other volunteer jobs and some fringe benifits might be available. There might be volunteer job openings for several people. Please recommend a website hosting service for Peertube, and the total cost. If you have extra website hosting service to donate, I might consider using that. If you would like to moderate a forum, tell me what subjects.

This topic is inspired by Looking for people: to brainstorm how a new open source digital payment platform could be done - #5 par EarthlingIB. I tried to install Peertube on localhost to test it, too many problems, got tired and quit. Peertube install instructions. forum rules: new users can only put 2 links in a post.

Hi, I am not admin but let me recommend you YUNOHOST.org.

Install it on your server.
It will manage all your applications, maintenance, even email server :).
You will find a list of available apps and support.

As server (VPS), I recommend Contabo, Contabo🥇Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers for a price you'll love

Nice day

Thank you jrd10 for the recommendation. YunoHost is an operating system. Will PeerTube run on it? If someone wants to use it to do the job, OK. But If I do the admin install job, I will not use YunoHost because:
It will be more to learn, I am overwhelmed already.
It is not standard, which introduces several problems.
It requires internet service provider, I like to test on offline localhost.
Server probably already has operating system.

contabo.com looks like it will do the job and I have found others that are just about the same. I am experienced with unmanaged server. I will discuss this with the admin who does the job. CLOUD VPS Virtual Private Servers
4 vCPU, 8 GB RAM, 32 TB Traffic and 50 GB NVMe. Due Today $76.88
.com Commercial Generic (gTLD) $2.59 Price / month

Yunohost has a web based management system that allows a variety of software, including PeerTube, to be installed with the click of a button. This is much easier for most people than the CLI install, especially when you run into problems.

Unfortunately you would still have to setup a domain and certificates, so it doesn’t solve your offline testing use case…

Thank you errhead for telling me that. Click of a button sounds easy. It is nice to see a simple method that should work. For test I can get:
contabo CLOUD Virtual Private Server
4 vCPU, 8 GB RAM, 32 TB Traffic and 50 GB NVMe. $6.99
.com Commercial Generic (gTLD) $2.59
Debian 10 (Buster)
yunohost raw CD image (556 MB) curl https://install.yunohost.org | bash
Peertube installed with the click of a button.

I will wait and rest a while, I am burnt out. Still no one willing to do it for me, how hard can it be? Here are some problems I forsee:

I do not know certificate.

Peertube documentation any OS includes instructions for installing certificate. You say Yunohost does not follow those certificate instructions?

YunoHost documentation says Debian 10 (Buster) is needed. Will Debian 11 work?

I have tried the web based management system installatron. Results were poor. YunoHost forum also shows problems. But I can try. I have never had problems with manual installation of simple programs. Peertube is not simple.

Later I would like to install peertube onto offline localhost.

Yunohost v11 was released 4 days ago, and is based on Debian 11.